1. The Family Book by Todd Parr
- This book presents children with a whole variety of different kinds of families. This vividly colorful book will help children understand the diversity of families and feel good about all kinds of families.
- Ages 2-7
2. And Tango Makes Three by Justin Richardson and Peter Parnell
- Children in two-dad families may feel that their family is "different." In this sweet story, animal families at the Central Park Zoo are described and we meet Roy and Silo, who are both male penguins. This story acknowledges that two-dad families may be unusual in some ways, but not in the essential ways; the care and love for their children.
- Ages 3-8
3. Gloria Goes to Gay Pride by Leslea Newman
- Gloria is excited to be in a parade at the gay pride day festival with her two moms. This upbeat story conveys a positive experience on families with same-sex parents.
- Ages 3-6